This episode is part of our mini-series on Weight-Neutral Wellbeing (WNW). Elizabeth and Dana speak with Aaron Flores, a registered dietitian nutritionist and co-host of the Dietitians Unplugged podcast. Aaron is an expert in multiple weight-neutral approaches to food, including Intuitive Eating, Health at Every Size, and Body Trust. He shares how his career and personal experiences evolved into his current weight-neutral approach. Aaron talks about unique pressures and experiences regarding masculinity and body image, and offers suggestions on how everyone can work towards building trust in themselves and their bodies.
- Aaron's website and his Dietitians Unplugged podcast
- The book Aaron mentions on meaningful work: What Color is Your Parachute?
- Book on Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
- Body Trust info from the Be Nourished program in Portland
- Ellyn Satter Institute: Aaron mentions her Division of Responsibility approach
- The West Wing scene Aaron refers to (grab a tissue!): Thank You, Teachers