Dr. Quinn is one of the leaders in the field of Positive Organizational Scholarship, a cofounder of the Center for Positive Organizations at the University of Michigan, and a Professor at the Michigan Ross School of Business with research and writing focused on purpose, leadership, culture, and change. He has spent the last 40 years doing research, teaching, consulting, and speaking to more than half of the Fortune 500. He is the author of 18 books including the award-winning education book, The Best Teacher in You: How to Accelerate Learning and Change Lives. In this episode he shares impactful strategies for teaching and leading with intention and leveraging the power of purpose in our lives.
- Learn more about Dr. Quinn's work, including the books and research he discusses in this episode.
- Robert Quinn cofounded the Center for Positive Organizations (CPO) at the Ross School of Business. Its Mission is to build a better world through the science and practice of thriving organizations.
- The CPO focuses on research and application of Positive Organizational Scholarship (POS), a sub-field of Management and Organizations Studies pioneered at Michigan Ross. POS researches and applies characteristics, practices, and principles that create thriving organizations.
- Jane Dutton is also a cofounder of the CPO. Explore her work and research on human flourishing at work, including the study and nurturing of High Quality Connections mentioned in this episode.
- Kim Cameron is the third cofounder, and as Robert Quinn mentions in this episode, studies the Heliotropic effect, positive relational energy, and energizing leadership.
- Zaleznik, A. (1977). Managers and leaders: Are they different? Harvard Business Review 55(1), 67-81.
- Tennessee’s Highly Effective Educator Study