Julie Van Rosendaal is from Calgary, but her impact on the food scene is felt in many places. She has worked in the food industry and has published 12 cookbooks, including Dirty Food. Julie writes and talks about food as a freelance journalist for the Globe and Mail and is featured weekly in the Calgary Eyeopener for CBC radio. She has been sharing amazing recipes for years on her blog Dinner With Julie. She is passionate about food access and loves to feed people with the delicious food she whips up in her own kitchen. In this episode, Elizabeth is joined by guest co-host, Justin Gabinet, a passionate Foods Teacher and Professional Human Ecologist (Home Economist) to talk about positive approaches to cooking and food generally.
- Julie's website: Dinner with Julie with her blog, recipes, articles, cookbooks, & social media
- Book recommendation: How to Eat by Nigella Lawson
- Justin’s favourite article by Julie about the clean eating movement, The Globe & Mail
- CTV news article featuring Julie’s virtual cooking classes for kids
- CBC news article featuring Julie's pandemic response
- Justin’s "Foods Teachers" Facebook group