Elizabeth and Dana chat with Kelly Fullerton about how to approach food and nutrition in the school setting from a weight-neutral perspective. Based in Melbourne, Australia, Kelly is both an experienced physical education teacher and trained nutritionist. She regularly leads professional learning opportunities and in-school enrichment experiences focused on positive food education. Kelly is passionate about taking a curious, engaging, and sensory-based approach to food and nutrition. In this episode, Kelly shares her perspective on so-called healthy eating, how to best talk about food around students, and how adults can create a healthy relationship with food themselves.
- Kelly's website: The Curious Nutritionist
- Connect with Kelly on Instagram and Facebook
- Ellyn Satter's Division of Responsibility in Feeding and Eating Competence Model, including associated research studies
- Eating Competence article (with reference to the enjoyment & absorption study)
- Research on the Intuitive Eating Model